Getting a passport for newborn in UAE is a very process, and may take up to 22 working days to complete the process is applied under normal process.
As on Aug, 2014, the firms that handles passport on behalf of Indian Embassy is BLS International Services.
Information about the firm and passport services, various forms, etc is available at ** http://www.blsindiavisa-uae.com/ **
- Documents required to apply for a passport includes:
- Photograph in a specific size as required by the authority
- Passport copies of both the parents
- Copy of Marriage Certificate of parents
- Copy of attested Birth Certificate of the baby
- Completely filled ** EAP-I ** form for Dubai or Abu Dhabi
- Completely filled formed ** Registration of Birth,issue of birth certificate & Passport for a child born in UAE **
You will have to bring the baby, and all original documents for verification purpose.
In Abu Dhabi, their location is: ** 2nd floor office # 202, Port city java Building, Behind ADCB Bank Muroor Road, Al-Nahyan Camp, Abu-Dhabi. **
Note: You will not be able to see the ADCP bank from the Muroor Road. It is inside the Al-Nahyan Camp area. Check for Trans AD, Al-Nahyan Camp, abu dhabi in Google Map. ADCB is close by that.
The charges are approximately AED 300. Their offices are open from about 8:00 to 6:00. Their web site has more information.